Gentle Flow Yoga and Yoga Nidra with Sue Kirby, CYT
Sundays 8-9pm EST on Zoom.com Sept. 18, Oct. 23, Nov. 13, Dec. 11
Are you looking for something that can bring you deep ease and relaxation? Do you need relief from life stressors? Do you need to chill amidst the hubbub of the holiday season? This special class may be for you. The one-time class will begin with some very gentle guided movement flows and then we will move to a reclining restorative (supported) position for a 25 – 30 minute guided Yoga Nidra practice.
From Wikipedia: Yoga Nidra or yogic sleep is a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, like the “going-to sleep” stage (hypnagogia), typically induced by a guided meditation. There is evidence that yoga nidra helps relieve stress….(yoga nidra) is being applied by the US Army to assist soldiers to recover from post-traumatic stress disorder. What you will need for this class:
• A quiet space to practice without interruption.
• Floor space to do some movement (about the amount of space that a yoga mat takes up).
• A sturdy chair (without wheels), like a kitchen, dining room or metal folding chair with a non-slip
• surface to set it on – like a yoga sticky mat or a carpeted area of the floor (so the chair will not move).
• Floor, couch, recliner, bed space for supported reclining posture.
• Comfortable clothing.
• Blankets for cushioning and warmth.
• Pillows or bolsters for support (behind the neck or the knees, for example).
• A device to participate via the Zoom app (all that is necessary to participate is to download the free Zoom app on your device – smart phone, tablet, laptop, desktop).
Then, we will email the connection link to all registered participants within 2 days before the class. You will just have to click on the link in the email and follow the prompts to connect. You don’t have to be able to see your device from where you are practicing/reclining. You just need to be able to hear me. You will all be asked to turn off your video once we start the class to have a better connection for all. Also, you will all be muted once we start, too, so there is no noise from anyone’s environment to disrupt the rest of the participants. You may fall asleep during the session, so, you may want to be ready for sleep when class starts.
If you have any questions prior to class time, feel free to call/text Sue Kirby at 810-241-4223.