Research & Trial Information
Protocol #: AFT-39
Cancer Type: Cancer Control
- Adults (21+) with advanced/metastatic cancer of any type (EXCEPT leukemia or indolent [slow growing] lymphoma)
2. Receiving outpatient systemic cancer treatment for non-curative/palliative intent, including chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy.
3. Enrolled at any point in their treatment trajectory, meaning during any line of treatment, and at any point during a course or cycle of treatment.
- Cognitive deficits that would preclude understanding of consent form and/or questionnaires.
2. Current participation in a therapeutic clinical trial (because these often involve PRO questionnaires and intensive monitoring).
3. Patients being treated with curative intent (e.g., adjuvant chemotherapy for breast, lung, or ovarian cancer; primary curative therapy for testis cancer or lymphoma).
4. Receiving hormonal therapy only (e.g., tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors in breast cancer; androgen deprivation therapy in prostate cancer; or octreotide in neuroendocrine cancers; ibrance/palbociclib).
5. Indolent lymphomas (due to their prolonged time courses that may be minimally symptomatic).
6. Leukemias (time courses inconsistent with other tumor types in chronic and acute leukemias).