Clinical Trial Information
Protocol: Wake Forest WF-1806
Please Note: Below is a brief description of eligibility, please contact GHCI Research Department to discuss full eligibility requirements.
- Older adults (65 years or older) with either:
- Newly diagnosed metastatic CRC or.
- Newly recognized metastatic recurrence of CRC greater than 1 year from completion of treatment for non-metastatic CRC
- Planning to undergo 1st line 5-FU based chemotherapy (as monotherapy, as 5 FU alone or capecitabine or in combination with oxaliplatin and/or irinotecan with or without biologics).
- Estimated life expectancy more than 6 months.
- Patient eligibility is not dependent on BMI or weight. Patients with a significant plus or minus 10% body weight change in the previous 12 months are eligible for this study.
- Patients enrolled in hospice.
- Prior systemic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer (acceptable if adjuvant chemotherapy completed more than 12 months prior to disease recurrence).
- Patients may not be receiving any other investigational agents.
- No untreated brain metastases. Patients with treated brain metastases are eligible.