Research & Trial Information
SCHEMA A011106 1
Protocol#: Alliance – A011106
Cancer Type: Breast Neo-Adjuvant
The following guidelines should be taken into account when considering patients for this trial, although they will not be considered formal eligibility (exclusion) criteria for this protocol:
- If a patient is a cancer survivor, they have undergone potentially curative therapy for all prior malignancies, with no evidence of recurrence > 5 years.
- No prior history of malignancy within 5 years except for successfully treated cervical carcinoma in situ, lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast, or non-melanoma skin cancer.
- Patient is deemed by their treatment physician to be at low risk for recurrence (i.e. < 30%) from prior malignancies.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmia, or psychiatric illness/social situations that would limit compliance with study requirements or make patient not candidate for surgery.
- Psychiatric illness or condition impairing decision-making capacity, which would prevent the patient from giving informed consent.