Clinical Trial Information
Please Note: Below is a brief description of eligibility, please contact GHCI Research Department to discuss full eligibility requirements.
- Pathologically (histologically or cytologically) proven diagnosis of limited stage small cell lung cancer (Stage Tx, T1-T4, N0-3, M0), within 60 days prior to registration.
- Patients must have received one pre-registration cycle of platinum/etoposide chemotherapy prior to study entry, with study registration required within 21 days from day 1 of the pre-registration cycle of chemotherapy and protocol treatment designed to
begin 21 days after. If patient has not recovered from pre-registration cycle chemotherapy toxicities, then an additional 14 days is permitted.
- Patients must have had measurable disease.
- Age ≥ 18.
- ECOG Performance Status of 0-2 within 30 days prior to registration.
- Patients presenting with a pleural effusion will be eligible if thoracentesis is cytologically negative and non-bloody or if pleural fluid is too small a volume to effectively sample by thoracentesis and does not show increased metabolic activity on CT/PET imaging.
- No definitive clinical or radiologic evidence of metastatic disease.
- No definitive surgical resection of small cell lung cancer.
- No prior invasive malignancy (except non-melanomatous skin cancer, localized prostate cancer, or any early stage cancer treated with curative intent resection) unless disease free for a minimum of 2 years (carcinoma in situ of the breast, oral cavity, or cervix are all
- No more than 1 cycle of prior platinum-based chemotherapy for SCLC prior to enrollment. Note that prior chemotherapy for a different cancer is allowable. No prior Atezolizumab or other immunotherapy agent.
- No prior radiotherapy to the lungs or mediastinum that would result in clinically significant overlap of radiation therapy fields; prior tangent fields for breast cancer with minimal overlap with target volumes are allowed per approval of study PIs.
- Patients with cytologically positive pleural or pericardial fluid are not eligible.