Research & Trial Information
Protocol #: EAQ162CD
Cancer Type: Cancer Control GI
Eligibility Criteria for Patient Participants:
- Age ≥ 18 years.
2. Patients must have a life expectancy of ≥ 24 months.
3. ECOG PS 0-3.
4. Patients must have a newly diagnosed colon or rectal cancer (initial diagnosis, either a biopsy or curative surgery, whichever is most recent) within 60 days of registration and have not yet received radiation or chemotherapy.
5. Patients must have Stage I, II, or III disease at the time of enrollment and will be treated with curative-intent. This can be defined either clinically or pathologically if they have already undergone surgery. For staging of both colon and rectal cancer, the definition of stage I-III is based on the seventh edition (2010) or an updated version of the TNM staging system.
6. Patients are not eligible if they are already enrolled on a treatment clinical trial at the time of registration. They can remain on the study if they subsequently enroll on a treatment clinical trial during the study time period.
7. Patients who choose to not receive radiation and/or chemotherapy after a curative-intent surgery are eligible to participate.
8. Patients with a history of previous malignancy (except non-melanoma skin or cervical in-situ cancer) treated (with either surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation) within the last 3 years are not eligible because it is possible that their employment and burden due to cancer care may be impacted by their previous malignancy and therefore add heterogeneity to the study.
9. Patients must be able to complete questionnaires in English.